Friday, February 03, 2006

10 Reasons why Civilisation IV sucks.


10. Can't chance your galleys in the ocean.

9. It requires more CPU and memory than Pirates did. Its bigger, its bolder, and its slower - do they think we are we all users who buy the latest PC every time there is a new release of Doom?

8. Dialog boxes won't accept Enter to get out. You have to mouse to Ok and press it.

7. Map is hard to read. Very pretty, but not as iconic as Civ III.

6. Can't tell units apart. They used to wear uniforms and appear in one colour. Now they carry a flag. A bit like trying to identify the players on a football field.

5. Can't climb mountains. Where are the Von Trapps when you need them?

4. You don't get told you've got civil disorder. You just see a pile of smoke.

3. Doesn't prompt for the latest Wonders that you can build, just the Wonder it thinks you can build. You're then out of pocket when you discover someone else has built it 3 turns later and you could have been building something better.

2. Arbitrarily zooms in and out.

1. It doesn't matter what I do, I still can't beat Bob in PBEM.

2 comments:

Marion Francis O'Shaughnessy said...

#4 is probably my fault. I'm one of the people who just didn't care.

Masonre said...

Yeah. I loved CIV 3 but 4 sucks I don't know why it's rated so damn high it's a boring game.

It doesn't feel like anything is happening, the AI keep the same dress in the diplo screen. I mean wtf Roosevelt starts off with a suit in 2300bc or whatever? WTF.

Everything sucks, I hate this game.